Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Time to Start Packing

I have never been away from my home this long ever I think. It's time to start collecting, and packing and making that delicious trip back. The best part of the ride home is the turn into the driveway...everything that was taxing and troubling sorrowful or bothersome suddenly melts away.

At one point I felt I couldn't bear to walk thru that door because I didn't know what would be on the other side. Yes I truly felt that way. Cleveland will become a distant but extremely poignant memory for all of the Gladfelter family. We will be back for visits in 6 months, and then some far down the line. The good news...we will be coming back...the better news...I cannot wait to open that back door.

Talk to you all in due time...but for now...shhhh...he's napping right now, and I need to start packing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nancy, We are excited for you to be home. We've enjoyed taking care of Tico and helping you out how we could. Tonight, when we drove down your driveway, we were imagining how exciting it will be for you to be driving down that driveway tomorrow. Your cozy home in the woods awaits....and yes, the wine is chillin'. Love to you! Tim & Kristen :)