Monday, August 6, 2007

Great News!

Mom just called! Dad is out of surgery and in recovery. The surgeon told Mom that everything went well and that the operation went as planned. The best part is the 'replumbing'. Dr. Furgoni was able to construct something called an Indiana Pouch (see, there really *is* more than corn in Indiana)... meaning that he will not have to have any kind of external bag. For an active guy...this is crucial...and we are very confident this will allow him to continue to do all his framing, playing in the woods, and other Chuck-like activities we all enjoy!

Darin and Mom will get to see him in a few hours. Right now, we are all breathing a big sigh of relief and sheddin' a few happy tears.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Todd - Glad to hear the good news! I will continue to think about your whole crew. Keep the updates coming.

-Chauncey

Anonymous said...

Carl and I were just talking about Chook's surgery; thank the Powers That Be that it turned out so well; and it's super great news about the "internal plumbing". He's got a lot of years ahead of him, and Harley will help him heal. Love to you all. Barb Lekander

Anonymous said...

Todd, I'm so happy to hear the good news. I can't stop smiling. Just to know he will not have to live with any external device is a miracle in itself. Love You, Aunt Terry

Anonymous said...

Chuck, we've been thinking of you and you're in our prayers. I'm so happy to hear that the surgery was a success. I know that you'll be back to yourself in no time.

Todd, Nancy, and Darin: We'll keep all of you in our thoughts and prayers.

Todd, thanks for the blog, and keep us posted.
-Aaron

Anonymous said...

Todd: Thanks for the updates. And thank you for the photo of "chuck" so I can put a face to the name.
;-)

All my best to recovery. Maybe someday I will meet your Dad and can see for sure if all those stories you tell about him are true. tee hee

~susan

Anonymous said...

I'm so thankful to know that the Bikram Yoga I've been doing to massage my ascending colon could come in handy in the future. Maybe Martha Stewart and I can craft Custom Indiana Pouches. :)

Glad to hear all is well with Chuck and that the Gladfelters are still smiling through it. Y'alls's's are in my prayers.

XOXO
Ali