Friday, August 10, 2007

There's always room for J-E-L-L-O

Ugh, I can't think of anything nastier. In college, my fraternity had an entire party that was founded on it. We filled the basement with it, made a giant slide coated in it, and mixed any booze that would solidify with it.

But it's the first thing Dad gets to eat now. Clear liquids day -- jello, tea, coffee, that kind of stuff. His body is responding well to it, doing everything your body should do after ya eat. And that's one step closer to gettin' out!

We're hoping that today, some of the drainage tubes will be removed as well.

Dad has been doing his 'NASCAR laps' around the floor, walking more and with less discomfort. This morning, he had a paper and kicked out some more jams on the iPod.

Hopefully we'll hear back about the pathology report soon, so we can plan for whether any follow up chemo will be necessary.

Flying up to Cleveland tonight so not sure if there will be another post today...but I will do my best.

Enjoy the weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to hear how things are going! I hope you are taking care of yourself in Greenville. When I get back (next week) Kris and I will have you over for dinner if you are still around, ok? And, please let your parents know if there is anything that we can do for you guys to PLEASE let us know! Love, Croz

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates Todd. Glad to hear he is getting better.

Oh and nice Jello-Rama reference. Wow...that takes me back...

-Chauncey

Anonymous said...

We are so happy to hear that Chuck is doing better. You are all in our prayers!

Dennis and Becky Hutton