Saturday, August 11, 2007

I Heart Golf

Tiger Woods really doesn't interest me. I mean, he's cool and all, and despite the fact that he's a hell of a golfer...watching him walk around a course all afternoon with sweat-soaked (and mildly unattractive) pants is not my idea of fun.

Dad, however, has always enjoyed watching golf. I've never really understood why; it's just so boring...but he's always had the Open, the Masters, or whatever other tourney that's being played on the TV on Saturday and Sunday afternoons.

Today, after a few laps around the 7th floor, I watched golf with Dad for awhile. And I've never enjoyed it more. It's important to be able to sit with him and let him know that we are there, feeling the same anxiety about wanting to get the hell out of that place. It's important for him to know we feel every bit of his pain and wish that we could take it all away.

I know if you're readin' this, you're sending the best positive energy directed to the east side of Cleveland. And if I had one request tonight -- it would be to crank up those good vibes just a little stronger -- so Dad can get comfortable, get some rest, and get to gettin' out.

Off to enjoy this comfortable patio and a nice dinner that isn't within walking distance of the hospital. More updates tomorrow...and thanks for checking in on us!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

go out and get some skyline! or is that only in cincy?
glad to see things are progressing along! keep up the good work by everyone out in OH! -Dennis

Anonymous said...

About time...I have read this blog daily all week and thought it was time to post something. Today, I found a really good reason to 'chime in.' I have watched an NBC interview (I really dislike the interviewer in this case) with President Bush's press secretary, Tony Snow, who is dealing with 9th round of chemo treatments for colon cancer (I also know it is a different animal than bladder cancer.) I recommend it to the patient (Chook), the patient's family, and all other posters and readers of this blog. Snow is extremely gracious and erudite about the importance of the 3 "F's" -- faith, family, and fellowship (friends) -- in dealing with his cancer and inevitable 'graduation' from this life. It does take 27 minutes, but compared to eternity, it's not that long. All you Glads are in our prayers and thoughts. Godspeed and get well soon. Link is below. Love to all from your born-again friends in Keswick.
1 Corin 15:54-57

http://video.msn.com/v/us/msnbc.htm?g=2769fa51-3c3c-4810-a263-ff282b8ba15f&f=00&fg=copy

Anonymous said...

Hey guys we were out of town at a wedding. Tried calling princess but we played phone tag so this is great for updates. I will call today again and hopefully get her. But tuesday we leave for family reunion with Tim's family in CA for a week. We will check the Chuck report and can't wait to hear "he's being realeased" and then "we are heading home". So sorry we couldn't get to Cleveland, but you are in our prayers! Love to all T & T

Anonymous said...

Chuck and Nancy:
My thoughts and prayers are with
you from chicago.
I know how important family is to you both and it really does show from everything that I am reading.
I will continue to send along
positive thoughts and wishes.
Your friend,
Paula Zubrzycki