Saturday, August 11, 2007

Seeing Is Believing

Wow.

I started to type some sort of an into to this post, but erasing it all and replacing it with the single word above is probably more appropriate.

Nothing can ever prepare you for seeing someone you love in a hospital. I arrived in Cleveland last night late, about 10:30, and Mom asked me if I wanted to go over and see him. She knew I did. So we went.

I could tell Dad was happy I was there, even though he was in some discomfort. Which leads us to where we are now -- the part where artificial, medical things wind down and the real body takes back over. That transition process is not the most fun. For now, there's a lot of functions kicking back in -- so there is some moderate discomfort from things like gas.

Another of Dr. Fergony's (I hope I'm finally spelling his name right now) residents stopped in today. They said Dad is continuing to look great. The resident pulled some of the stents out that were helping things drain, and hopefully tomorrow we can start to get rid of more of those tubes. Mom asked if Dr. Fergony would be coming by today, and the resident said "he'll only come by if one of his patients is really sick. And I'm sorry, but your husband just doesn't fit into that category." Onward!

I'm heading back over to the Clinic to do 'horseshoes' with Dad (that's the laps) and to give him his iPod back (somehow the 'volume limit' thing got enabled with a password. WTF is that?)

Thanks for checking in. More later!

2 comments:

Darin M. Gladfelter said...

I think it's safe to say that dad is not 100% yet as he declined to blame his Ipod's condition on me.

LauraH said...

We are customers, fellow dog lovers and stop-by-the-store-to-chatters. We don't know Chuck nearly as well as Nancy, but wanted to send our best wishes for a speedy recovery. Stopped by the store yesterday and was given this blog address to check up. So please give our best to Chuck and, Nancy, if you read this: hang in there girl!