Sunday, August 12, 2007

Your Comfort Zone

Sometimes it's easy to find, sometimes it's tough to leave. I think we're all experiencing that again here on Sunday evening. First off, your good thoughts must have worked -- because Dad is much more comfortable today. In fact, most of the day he's described to the nurses that he has 'no pain'. The worst thing today has been some acid reflux, which Dad refers to with in the cutest of terms 'the pukies'. Hopefully they'll be able to square that away. For that reason, though, he hasn't felt much like eating, so he's back to a liquid diet. If they can get his reflux under control, and get back to eating and everything that goes along post-eating, we're goin' to be really close to being discharged from the Clinic.

I'm about to head to the airport to head home to Boston. I hate that I have to go...but there's just a few things that I need to check on back at the homestead since I haven't been there in about 13 days. I hate that I'm going back while Mom and Dad stay - I know it's been great for her that she can have someone else with her. And as I told her -- I'm always just a flight away. With any luck and your continued good thoughts and prayers, Dad will be out soon and the next time I head over to Cleveland will be next week to watch over him post-release while he's attending his follow up appointments. We're all moving in and out of our comfort zones here -- but I know that with great folks to lean on, and each other, we're in the zone no matter what.

Remember to hug someone ya love next time you see them...no matter where they are.

No comments: