Friday, August 17, 2007

Happy CFF!!!!

That is the mantra for today my friends and family...Oh...CFF???? CANCER FREE FRIDAY!! Today will be etched in my life now and forever. Todd's post said it all. Now we can begin the long road back to what I refer to as the "new normal".

It still is so overwhelming for me as I try and put these last few weeks and months together. I would be lying to you all and to myself if I didn't honestly tell you that this has been the most difficult and daunting road I have ever traveled. Were it not for the support, love, and prayers, and my boys, and most importantly my Superman...I'm not sure I could find the strength to take that walk too many more times. You have all been there for me, and I will never ever let any of you down, I promise!!

There will be challenges ahead, we all know that, but we can do this...together. Hang in there Harley and Tico...Momma and Daddy will be home soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nancy/Chuck:
I am thinking about you.
I have goosebumps right now as I
read your message posted last
night. I am jumping for joy.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs,
Paula Z.

W. said...

Okay for me and hooray for Chuck. This is my third attempt to send a message. I hope you got the vibes from the first two because they didn't get published on your blogspot, so I created my own blog.
I am so happy over the great news. But as I said in the beginning--I know it will all work out. And hey, today is my birthday and I think I received the best present of all.
Hang in there, Max and give our best to Irma. Lots of love from Susan and Walter
Oh yeah Gayle and Ted send you some more love.

Anonymous said...

Toddling, I've been keeping up with the Chuck report...so nice to hear the good news! It's nice to see the words "Cancer Free" but it was almost as awesome to hear about the Amish using an elevator (thanks, Darin).

XOXO for all of you Gladfelters :)
-Alison

Anonymous said...

Gladfelters, It sounds like nearly all good news and answered prayers for you all. No journal updates yesterday was a bit of a setback for all of us, however. We, and our friends, continue to pray for you all and especially for Chuck's strengthening and healing from surgery -- always a struggle. We pray for rest and nutrition and peace and that God's awesome love and power and mercy would fill your hearts. I also have a request of you and your team of prayer warriors: a two-year old boy we know drowned in his grandparents pool on Thu. Jude Gilliam lies in UVA Hosp. as I write this on life support with heart function and lower brain activity only. The grands are dear friends of ours. We have been asked to pray unceasingly and to turn to the worldwide church for prayer support for Jude and his family. I am providing a link to the website for Jude where you can see his photo, read the journal, and send along a prayer for the family. I know by posting this, many people who don't know me or Jude but who know God is the Great Physician will be able to raise a chorus of prayer for this sweet child. Thanks to Todd and praise God for providing the forum to do this. The url is: www.caringbridge.org/visit/judegilliam
May God continue to bless you all,
Love, Jim, Lucinda & Ellen