Thursday, August 16, 2007

Little Saints Everywhere

Howdy and hello out there. I just got off the phone with Mom (it seems like that's a perpetual motion these days) and she told me that she and Dad were going for a little walk. With Dad's progress coming along (even at the slower-than-desired rate) she even manged to sound upbeat, and for those who know her (which I assume is 99.9% of the people reading this blog), it's very easy to detect even trace amounts of tension in her voice. That "tension" was still there, but quite far removed from the intensity it's reached over the past couple of days, weeks, and months. "It looks like we've really turned a corner today" as she put it. Anyway, it was just nice to hear that kind of tone, and in a way, when she told me that they were going for a walk, it almost seemed...romantic. I am all but positive, however, that the 7th floor of the H building at the Cleveland Clinic is far from the tunnel of love, but does make me feel good that right now, an upbeat Mom and thoroughly beat Dad are walking together, making progress.

In any event, as I learned that the date for dad's release is now set for Sunday, my plans to head down there tomorrow are now scuttled. So the call was made to my friend who agreed to doggy-sit Benny that the need for his services would be placed on hold for short while. His response (to what I am sure was a frantic, over-apologetic, babbling stream of consciousness): "Whatever you need, whenever you need it." Those seven words seem to be a common theme when it comes to all of the people who have been helping out myself, Todd, Mom and Dad in this (and there's no other way to put it) strange time. It really is jaw-dropping to learn how much support you really have out there when something goes wrong, and we're blessed to have such caring people in our lives.

Thanks gang!

-DG-

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am keeping my fingers crossed that the weekend goes smoothly and sunday will be your release day.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Paula Z.

Anonymous said...

Good to hear things are looking up again. Hope the rest of the week and weekend go well. We love you all and think of you daily. Patti

Anonymous said...

TTBZ - how blessed Daddy and I are to have you be one of the two major support beams in our lives. I am so proud of you!!

Kisses,
Momma